The folks over at the WebmasterWorld forums are saying that Google AdSense is starting to roll out a new ad review center. The ad review center first launched back in 2008 as a way to allow publishers to better control which ads they do not want to show on their site. It has undergone several design tweaks over the years.
Personally, I do not remember what it looked like before but this is what I see right now in the AdSense ad review center:
NickMNS in the forums said “it seems that it is Google’s roll-out new features day today.” I am not sure if I personally have the new look but Nick said the layout is completely changed! Nick added:
The ad units are now fully visible, so wide ads such as 724×90 ads are no longer cut-off, so that is good, they are easier to see without require a click. But the square ads are now smaller thus making the text harder to read, so not sure if this was great trade off.
The block icon is now reduced to symbol and once you click on an ad they felt the need to flip the layout so that things that showed in the left side bar are now on the right. Change for change’s sake?
The biggest change is that one can longer block an ad based on the destination URL. Fundamentally I have an issue with this but I guess practically it isn’t a big deal since most of the spammy ads used multiple url’s to avoid AdSense filter and being blocked. Ad words accounts can still be blocked but now you can access the list of blocked account, this wasn’t possible before. Not sure if this really useful but it doesn’t hurt.
Do you see a new Ad Review Center in Google AdSense? Share some screen shots below.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: is an amazing camera enough to upgrade?
- Google to vet ads ahead of 2019 European Parliament vote
- Google tightens political ad rules
- YouTube Loads 5 Times Slower on Firefox, Edge Than Google's Chrome: Mozilla
- Google Chrome 68 Can Now Send Notifications via Windows 10 Action Center
- How to stop Google Gmail ‘nudging’ you about old emails in your inbox
- Google is making it easier to access and manage your search data
- Google Said to Be Showing Relevant Sites From Your Browsing History Over Top Search Results
- Google Pixel Slate Review: Putting Google's first tablet to the test
- How to get a job at Google, according to Google