Gary Illyes from Google said at the BrightonSEO conference that those with responsive sites don’t really need to worry about the upcoming mobile first index. I was not at the event where he said that but Greg Gifford was there and he posted it on Twitter.
Google has been proactively encouraging webmasters to get their sites ready by migrating to responsive design. The mobile first index is expected to happen sooner than later and the best way to do that is to make sure your pages are equivalent and responsive sites help with that.
So if you want to feel somewhat safe, go responsive. Otherwise, check page by page to make sure your pages are equivalent.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
This post was scheduled to go live today but was written earlier – I am currently offline today.
- Apple Pay vs. Google Wallet: Which Is Better for Mobile Payments?
- Does Your Business Need a Mobile App? How to Decide
- Training Presentation for Building Google Friendly Sites
- It helps when you dont need the job
- Finding Similar Images using Google’s Site Search
- Liverpool don't need to think we're a s**t team despite PSG defeat: Van Dijk
- Jones: We don't need surprises or tricks to win crucial opener
- Confident Klopp says Reds don't need to spend big to challenge
- Rory: I'd love to win Masters but I don't need to any more
- I don't need to win at Augusta but the fire remains in my belly: Tiger