AT LEAST 100 participants are expected to attend the forum on sustainable tourism Wednesday, September 27, organized by the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental to mark the World Tourism Day at the Capitol Social Hall in Bacolod City. Cristine Mansinares, provincial supervising tourism operations officer, said the forum will cover topics on planning, development, management, and impact of sustainable tourism. Mansinares said the activity will provide an opportunity for tourism stakeholders in the province to learn more about the sustainable approaches to tourism as an agent for development. It further supports the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development adopted by the United Nations General Assembly this year which noted that tourism can contribute to all three dimensions of sustainable development like economic, social and environmental. “Not only does the sector spearhead growth, it also improves the quality of people’s lives. It can bolster environmental protection, champion diverse cultural heritage, and strengthen peace in the world,” she added. During the forum, a panel of experts will share their knowledge, experiences, and success stories relevant to sustainable tourism. Undersecretary Lisa Grace Bersales of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) will talk on the topic framework on measuring sustainable tourism while tourism consultant… Read full this story
- Portugal re-elected to World Tourism Organisation
- Schools to celebrate World Environment Day
- Apple previews new designs for World Emoji Day
- Apple shows new designs for world emoji day
- World Emoji Day: Are emojis ruining language?
- World cider day 2019
- Albert Primary School celebrate World Book Day
- Greece celebrates World Refugee Day in the kitchen
- Park invites guests to celebrate World Giraffe Day
- World tourism figures up 4% in first half of 2019, UN says
NegOcc conducts forum for World Tourism Day have 279 words, post on www.sunstar.com.ph at September 27, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.