HAVE you ever trawled through IKEA to find the perfect sofa, only to get it home to realise that it doesn’t fit? If this sounds all too familiar then you might want to download the new IKEA Place app, which will let you see what it looks like before you hit the order button. Using the app on their phones, customers can select from a range of different sofas, armchairs, coffee tables and shelves and try it on for size. Android users will be disappointed to know that the technology has been built with Apple, so you won’t be able to use it unless you have an iPhone or iPad. It will only be possible to download the app if you’ve upgraded your iPhone to the latest iOS 11 software, which is released in the UK today. Homemakers will need to allow the app to use their phone’s camera, so they can see what the furniture will look like in their living room. The app automatically scales the furniture based on room dimensions so you can see if the fit is perfect for your room – before the drama of assembling it. According to IKEA, the app is 98 per… Read full this story
- Here's a Look at the First Wave of Augmented Reality ARKit Apps Hitting the iOS App Store Today
- Pandemic fuels travel boom – in virtual reality
- Don’t expect to ever see virtual reality on the Xbox One
- IKEA's Revamped AR App Lets You Design Entire Rooms
- The great Virtual Reality buyer's guide
- The new SideQuest mobile app lets you sideload to Quest without a PC
- The Virtual Reality Renaissance Is Here, But Are We Ready?
- Virtual Paul McCartney app is mind-blowingly cool
- Pandemic fuels travel boom — in virtual reality
- A music festival convinced me there's more to virtual reality than great games
New virtual reality IKEA app will let you try out the furniture at home BEFORE you buy it have 299 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 18, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.