Today’s Google logo, Doodle, on the home page of Google.com is for Samuel Johnson, aka Dr. Johnson. He was a poet, essayist, moralist, literary critic, biographer, editor and lexicographer and was described by the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography as “arguably the most distinguished man of letters in English history.”Google’s doodle pays “homage to this pioneer lexicographer who dedicated years to his craft,” they said.He was born 308 years ago today in England and passed on December 13, 1784 at the age of 75 in England as well.There is a ton about his life works on Wikipedia – so check it out.Forum discussion at Google+.
- Who was Samuel Johnson? Google Doodle celebrates 308th birthday of English dictionary’s father
- Lucy Watson and Stevie Johnson get close at TV Choice Awards 2013
- How you can get THREE Google Home Mini devices for £89 from this online retailer
- I'm A Celeb is doing it wrong: it should be I'm Boris Johnson, Get Me In There!
- Boris Johnson gets into extraordinary stand-up row with Labour’s election supremo over Jeremy Corbyn’s confused policies
- Celebrity Big Brother spoiler: Chad Johnson gets close to Jemma Lucy after sweary row with Sarah Harding
- Marnie Simpson and Casey Johnson get naked and go skinny dipping for their first kiss
- Last surviving Dambuster George ‘Johnny’ Johnson gets his MBE from the Queen after Sun campaign
- Google crunches data to help NASA find two new planets
- Former Xbox exec Phil Harrison joins Google hardware unit
Samuel Johnson Gets A Dictionary Google Logo have 252 words, post on at September 18, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.