A few weeks ago, I conducted a poll asking SEOs how they do their job with or without log files. I discussed how log files can be an awesome way to uncover SEO issues including crawling, indexing, and even some ranking issues.
The poll showed that most SEOs, 68%, are doing their SEO services without looking at log files. We had over 350 responses and even with my poll disclaimer, the results are pretty revealing.
Almost 30% of SEOs actually said they do not need log files to do their job and an additional 38% said they would use them if they got them, but they “rarely” are able to get the log files. Only 15% said they always get the log files and 18% said they often get them.
Here are the results of the poll:
Here are some reactions from the poll:
Forum discussion at Twitter.
This post was scheduled to go live today but was written earlier – I am currently offline today.
- I'm Warren Ellis, and This Is How I Work
- Philips Body Analysis Scale
- ICQ logs spark corporate nightmare
- Work Examiner
- ElcomSoft Advanced Encrypting File System Data recovery
- Georgia driver escapes death after multiple logs pierce car windshield
- Sony says planted file in attack was named 'Anonymous'
- Driver makes miraculous escape after his vehicle is IMPALED from windshield to rear window with a bundle of logs during horror crash
- KFC's oldest worker in UK, 68, has served more than 5million drumsticks in her 41 years working for the fast food chain
- Windows: 68 Tips & Tricks