Often you will see dates in the search results snippets when blog or news related content shows up in the organic Google search results. Did you know you can lose the ability to show those date bylines if you try to trick Google by faking the date to make it look more recent that the actual date/time it was published?Here is what the date byline looks like:Google’s Gary Illyes said at State of Search that these dates are good for search, that they make it more useful for searchers when they are looking for content. So if you abuse the date and fake it, Google can take away the ability for a site to show it.Here are tweets from that coverage:Google is aware of both technical issues around dates and webmasters trying to trick them, we’ve seen it before. Personally, I want Google to penalize articles that do not have dates on them when they should.Anyway, keep this in mind – do not try to trick Google with fake dates. I know it happens and Google can be fooled here but Google might be working on something bigger here.Forum discussion at Twitter.This post was scheduled to go live today but…
- Google now highlights search results directly on webpages
- RBSE Rajasthan Board 12th Science Result 2020 Date and Time: Results to be Released at rajresults.nic.in
- How to remove yourself from Internet search results and hide your identity
- Google search results will take ‘page experience’ into account next year
- Google, Apple Play Search Engine 'Monopoly', UK Watchdog Says Amid Crackdown on US Big Tech Firms
- What India searched most for in May on Google: Coronavirus, vaccine, movies and more
- Why is the music industry so cross with Google?
- U.S. and states' Google antitrust probe nears finish line
- Google rolls out fact check information to Google Images
- A Startup Is Testing the Subscription Model for Search Engines
Google Date Bylines In Search Results Snippets Penalty have 329 words, post on at October 13, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.