Today on Google’s home page in many countries is a special Google logo, aka Doodle, for Fridtjof Nansen. Fridtjof Nansen was a Norwegian explorer, scientist, diplomat, humanitarian, and Nobel Peace Prize laureate. He was also a champion skier and ice skater, which is why the Doodle has a skier on it.He was born on October 10, 1861 in Oslo, Norway and passed at the age of 68 on May 13, 1930 in Lysaker, Norway. Here is a list of some of his awards:Nobel Peace Prize (1922) Order of St. Olav Order of the Dannebrog National Order of the Legion of Honor Order of St. Stanislaus Cullum Geographical Medal (1897) Vega Medal (1889) Constantine Medal (1907)Google wrote:Today we celebrate legendary adventurer Fridtjof Nansen, who explored the world’s unknown terrain and broke new ground as an international humanitarian.Born in Oslo, Norway in 1861, Nansen was gripped by a sense of adventure from a young age. He learned to cross-country ski as many as 50 miles in one day with minimal supplies — and sometimes with just his dog! His love of the outdoors led him to study zoology at the Royal Frederick University. In 1888, he became the first person to lead…
- Who Was Seiichi Miyake? Google Doodle Honors Japanese Inventor Of 'Tenji Block'
- Tyrus Wong Facts: Google Doodle Celebrates Disney's Bambi Creator On 108th Birthday
- Who was Lyudmila Rudenko? Google Doodle honours champion chess player on her 114th birthday
- Today’s Google Doodle – who was inventor Georgios Papanikolaou?
- SPL Sørensen celebrated by Google Doodle – who was the chemist and when was the pH scale invented?
- Who was Maria Reiche? Mathematician who researched Peru’s Nazca lines honoured by Google Doodle
- Who was Heinz Sielmann? Google Doodle remembers pioneering photographer and filmmaker on his 101st birthday
- Kurt Masur marked with Google Doodle – why is the German conductor being commemorated on his 91st birthday?
- Mount Olympus Google Doodle – where in Greece is the mythological home of the gods?
- Who was Joanna Baillie? Google Doodle celebrates Scottish poet and descendent of Sir William Wallace
Google Logo For Fridtjof Nansen, Norwegian Scientist & Skier have 342 words, post on at October 10, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.