Google has updated the Google My Business API to add some support for creating and editing Google Posts. Google Posts is a feature that allows people and businesses to create content directly on Google that can appear highly ranked in Google search results for their names.
Technically, this can enable third-party developers and tool designers to automate a lot of the posting in the Google Posts interface, similar to the way brands manage their social accounts with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others.
As Mike Blumenthal said, this is limited to “business[es] with fewer than 10 locations.” Blumenthal says Google appears to be testing support for chains with more than 10 locations.
It will be exciting to see which third-party tools add support for Google Posts first.
- Google Chrome’s new ‘Dark Mode’ turns app dark for nighttime viewing – how to get it today
- An Post launch new branding after strong 2018
- How at risk is your job from automation? New data reveals the threat of robots is, in fact, receding
- Pi in the sky: Google Cloud sets new Pi record with 31 trillion digits
- New breastfeeding support group launching
- The Yorkshire Post says: New alarm call for our high streets as Debenhams enters pre-pack administration
- New cardiomyopathy support group launches in Sheffield
- Police Welcomes Australian and New Zealand Support
- New cancer support group for Thatcham
- New sponsor support is goal for talented town footballers