Google is testing a new way to label AMP content in the mobile search results. Instead of using a gray AMP lightning bolt icon with the AMP letters next to it, Google is testing showing a blue lightning bolt icon with the word “instant” next to it.
This was first spotted by @Jonny_J_, however, I am personally not able to replicate it.
Here is a screen shot from Jonny:
Here is what I see, which is what you probably see as well:
Google is often testing different user interfaces — so this comes as no surprise.
- Google’s new look for mobile search results puts site owners and publishers first
- Google is Now Blocking Crapware in Search Results, Ads, and Chrome
- Google is improving 10 percent of searches by understanding language context
- Google will start surfacing individual podcast episodes in search results
- Journo: Google Needs to Stop Trying to Influence People’s Beliefs by Using Its Search Results
- Google suspends ticket website Viagogo from paid-for global search results
- Google is surfacing Texas shooter misinformation in search results — thanks also to Twitter
- Google News launches fact check label
- Google responds on skewed Holocaust search results
- Google Tests New Comment Section for YouTube Android App