We’ve all started a Google search by typing the words “what is” into the empty box. But what do people type after those two words? As part of its end-of-the-year recap, Google compiled the most popular queries of 2017 that used the “what is” phrase. The results reflect a tumultuous year in politics, natural disasters, and protests. Americans took to the search engine to learn about topics like DACA, the Paris Climate Agreement, antifa, and net neutrality. Here’s the complete list of the top ten Google searches in the US beginning with the phrase “what is:”No. 10: What is a hurricane? American’s searched for further clarification on hurricanes following Hurricane Harvey, the costliest disaster to hit the US in history, and Hurricane Irma, which was one of the strongest hurricanes to cross the Atlantic basin. No. 9: What is the Paris Climate Agreement? In June, President Trump announced his intent to withdraw the US from the Paris Climate Agreement and Americans took to the internet to learn more about the controversial move. No. 8: What is a fidget spinner? In April, the fidget spinner craze swept across the US. As early as May, it was estimated that more than 200… Read full this story
- The US government sues Google for alleged anticompetitive abuses in search
- US Justice Department, 11 States Sue Google
- Google Antitrust lawsuit: All you need to know
- 'Can I change my vote' trends on Google: What you need to know
- Conservatives push to discredit Facebook, Twitter and Google just days before the election
- Google Maps gets worldwide visual overhaul
- A Look into one of Nigeria’s Largest Bitcoin Funded Impact Campaign
- Google could face antitrust probe in China mirroring those in the EU
- Joe Biden's economic plan: Will it convince American voters?
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden's brother Frank owes dead man's family $1 MILLION for 80mph car crash - but has never paid a cent in 20 years and the Democratic candidate did NOTHING to help
Americans were stumped by covfefe, DACA, and bitcoin, according to Google’s top ‘What is’ searches this year have 316 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at December 13, 2017. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.