In a letter addressed to the African Union, Trump expressed his “deepest compliments” to all the leaders gathered for 55th AU summit in Ethiopia’s capital, Addis Ababa. Trump’s letter, which has not been made public, was confirmed by two US officials, including Chris Meade, top US diplomat to the AU delegation. In the letter, Trump acknowledged that US troops are fighting terrorism “side by side” with their African counterparts. He also said the US is seeking to increase “free, fair and reciprocal trade” with Africa. The US State Department has sought to calm the fury of African leaders after Trump infamously compared African countries to a s***hole during a bipartisan congressional meeting on US immigration reforms. Read more: Donald Trump denies slur against migrants from ‘s***hole’ countries He, however, took to Twitter and denied using the slur, saying he had used “tough language” to describe migrants from Haiti, El Salvador and Africa, but nothing like what had been reported. His controversial remark sharply divided opinions in Africa, with many leaders demanding an apology from Trump. However, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni this week said that he likes President Trump and that the US President deserves praise for openly speaking his mind. Uganda’s President Yoweri… Read full this story
- Langston Hughes - The Life, Times, Works as Well as Impact of a Versatile African-American Writer
- Flirting, Seduction and Ritual Courtship (African Style)
- A Glimpse Of Tanzania - African Safaris
- Challenges Facing The Library At West Africa Theological Seminary, Affiliate Of University Of Nigeri
- Rudy Giuliani splits from his own attorney after just two weeks as he says he will defy subpoena from Democrats' subpoena saying: 'If they enforce it, then we will see what happens'
- The defiant Dave Chappelle and other commentary
- Joe Biden’s brother and son have a long history of profiting off his name
- Ohio is used to picking the president. Will they this time?
- The Latest: Putin and Erdogan discuss situation in Syria
- Russia seeks to cement its role as power broker in Syria
Donald Trump in letter to African Union: US 'deeply respects' Africa have 334 words, post on www.dw.com at January 28, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.