EU officials added that the existing members are meeting the code of conduct they signed up to in May 2016 0SHARES Share Tweet Email EU officials added that the existing members toward meeting the code of conduct they signed up to in May 2016. PHOTO: FILE BRUSSELS: Facebook’s Instagram and the Google+ social network have agreed to join an EU-sponsored group of US internet giants to combat online terrorism, EU officials said Friday. EU officials added that the existing members — YouTube, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook — have made progress toward meeting the code of conduct they signed up to in May 2016, promising to look at suspicious content within 24 hours and remove illegal material. Zuckerberg makes ‘fixing’ Facebook a personal goal “Instagram has decided to join forces in the fight against illegal online hate speech and will now also apply the code of conduct,” EU Justice and Consumer Affairs Commissioner Vera Jourova told reporters. “And this morning I also received the message that Google+ is joining,” she added. The EU joined forces with US-based internet firms nearly two years ago amid growing alarm in Europe over the use of social media as a recruiting tool, especially by the Islamic… Read full this story
- Facebook and Google increase efforts to crackdown on hate speech and help combat online extremism following EU orders
- Google removes Gab app for violating hate speech policy
- Criminalising hate speech: New Zealand considers policing hateful expression
- YouTube announces new policies against hate speech and conspiracy theories
- Life after white supremacy: the former neo-fascist now working to fight hate
- eBay founder Pierre Omidyar commits $100m to fight 'fake news' and hate speech
- Facebook launches new changes against hate and discrimination. Are they enough?
- Israel Folau criticised by Drew Mitchell for being greedy after launching $3m GoFundMe campaign for legal fight
- YouTube’s Susan Wojcicki: 'Where's the line of free speech – are you removing voices that should be heard?'
- Devils' Advocate: Meet The Lawyer Fighting To Keep Nazis And Trolls On Twitter
Instagram, Google+ join EU group fighting hate speech have 328 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.