By Paresh Dave SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Google makes ads show up in more smartphone apps than any other technology company. That is the core of a resurgent business for parent Alphabet Inc. Google’s ad network unit has posted three straight quarters of year-over-year double-digit sales increases. The business is nearing $20 billion in annual revenue, making it as important to Google’s top-line as its hardware, cloud computing and app store groups combined. For years, the star of the network was Google’s AdSense, which delivers ads to websites in exchange for a cut of ad revenue. But as consumers migrate from desktop computing to mobile, momentum has shifted to AdMob, Google’s mass-market tool for third-party apps, and DoubleClick for Publishers, its higher-end mobile software. Google has lured app developers from competitors by lowering commissions and simplifying software. And it is increasingly satisfying advertisers with hot new formats such as video. Advertisers are taking notice. Alex Hewson, managing partner at M&C Saatchi Mobile, said the London-based ad buying agency has used AdMob for years, but only recently has it become the “top supplier.” “They’ve engaged big developers and done that well,” Hewson said. But it has come at a cost. Google… Read full this story
- Google parent firm Alphabet reports growth despite EU fine
- Fourth of July 2018 marked with Google Doodle – how is the search engine celebrating Independence Day food?
- Huge growth and job creation predicted at pioneering NETPark tech firm Kromek
- India May Soon Be a Growth Engine for Oaktree Capital
- North East firms must embrace ecommerce to drive huge growth, says Amazon
- EU to slam Google with record fine ahead of Juncker US visit
- Google facing £3.8BILLION fine from the EU – that’ll take just 14 days to pay off
- Google is set to be facing another major EU fine
- Google reveals new Gmail design that lets you snooze your emails
- Google’s new Android P smartphone OS will cut the amount of time you spend on your phone – these are its key features
Google's app network quietly becomes huge growth engine have 343 words, post on www.euronews.com at February 15, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.