A charity art auction raising funds for the families and survivors of Grenfell Tower will take place next week. All money raised from Art4Grenfell will be given to the K&C Foundation. The auction takes place on Wednesday (February 21) in the City of London, and will feature works of artists including singer, DJ and The Voice judge Boy George. Hercules Fisherman is the brains behind the project. He has been asking London’s top artists and those around the world to pledge their work. Read More Grenfell in the news Around 100 pieces, consisting mostly of paintings, will go under the hammer. Among the lots for sale will be works from Boy George, Alison Hunter, Dame Zandra Rhodes, Andrew Logan, Chris Moon, Paul Freud, Gilbert and George, Orlando Campbell,Darren Coffield and Jonty Hurwitz. Cheyenne Angel has donated a painting which shows the tower before and after the fire. She created Shall Love Set You Free after watching the building burn. She told getwestlondon: “I witnessed the inferno from my window. I had a family friend who passed away from that tragedy. “It had an impact on me, so this work has been specifically done for Grenfell.” The event is being held… Read full this story
- Cudlee Creek bushfire victims: How South Australia can help
- Fashion Has a Big Waste Problem. Repurposed Clothing Can Help Solve It.
- Prized Afghan antiquity is rescued by British art dealer
- Beyond aesthetics: The hype, hollowness of art auctions
- Caravaggio and the art of dieting
- Realistic nipple, areola tattoos help breast cancer survivors feel whole again
- View Great Art For Free On These 6 Inspiring Websites
- Miss Connecticut focuses on helping cancer patients
- Rev Ondachi: My art and poetry spice my preaching
- How the rich get spending money: Locking fine art in storage and borrowing against it
How you can buy amazing art and help Grenfell survivors have 294 words, post on www.getwestlondon.co.uk at February 17, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.