2012—2022 · People will be fluent in every language. With DARPA and Google racing to perfect instant translation, it won’t be long until your cellphone speaks Swahili on your behalf.· Software will predict traffic jams before they occur. Using archived data, roadside sensors, and GPS, IBM has come up with a modeling program that anticipates bumper-to-bumper congestion a full hour before it begins. Better yet, the idea proved successful in early tests—even on the Jersey Turnpike. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below · Climate-controlled jackets will protect soldiers from extreme heat and cold. The secret to all-weather clothing, according to former MIT student Kranthi Vistakula, is Peltier plates, which can be used to warm you up or cool you down by sending an electric current across the junction between two different metals. U.S. soldiers have put the lightweight tech to the test. So have soldiers in India. Based on early reviews, it won’t be long until others enlist. · Nanoparticles will make chemotherapy far more effective. By delivering tiny doses of cisplatin and docetaxel right to cancerous cells, the mini messengers will significantly reduce the pain and side effects of today’s treatments.· Electric cars will roam (some) highways. Who says you… Read full this story
- Assam flood havoc continues, 2,400 villages deluged, 1.45 lakh people sheltered in 564 relief camps, more rains predicted
- PS5 sales expected to hit at least 120 million across 5-year lifespan, double those of the Xbox Series X
- Maritime cyber attacks increase by 900% in three years
- Around 700 MILLION tons of plastic waste will end up in landfill and the oceans by 2040 - even in the 'best-case scenario' that we reduce pollution by 80 per cent, study shows
- 'Deadly heat wave' forecast for Southwest this weekend, NWS warns
- Oil price 'could hit $220 a barrel'
- Petrol may rise by 10p a litre over unrest in Middle East
- Winners and losers – but mostly losers – as Osborne deals again
- Coronavirus latest news: Deaths toll passes 56,000 data shows as Covid-19 ‘here forever’ Oxford professor says
- Penn State's Micah Parsons 'everything you want in a linebacker'
110 Predictions For the Next 110 Years have 329 words, post on www.popularmechanics.com at March 1, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.