The 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback has just bowed at the New York Auto Show, and it’s been quite a journey to get here. This model’s direct predecessor started life under the Scion iM nameplate, but after Toyota axed its youth brand, it absorbed the model into its portfolio, rechristening it Corolla iM. For this all-new second-generation model, the “iM” suffix is gone, and henceforth, this five-door will be known simply as the Corolla Hatchback.While its name may be more ordinary, this new model is anything but. This new car is actually both more stylish and significantly more interesting from a tech perspective. In order to keep costs down, Scion models were famous for being available basically in one trim, but now that the second-gen model is a full-fledged Toyota, there’s more tech, more trims and more options on offer.Despite looking a lot like its predecessor, the 2019 Corolla Hatchback actually sits atop the automaker’s new TNGA C chassis (Toyota New Global Architecture — catchy, eh?). As a result, it’s actually quite distinct from its well-known four-door sedan sibling, and significantly more advanced overall. In fact, the new model has much more in common with Europe’s latest Toyota Auris, which was just revealed at the… Read full this story
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback will start under $20,000
- The 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Is Actually Quite Good
- The 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback, reviewed
- 2020 Toyota Corolla range gets the Nightshade Edition
- Toyota Corolla to get electric all-wheel drive?
- The 2019 Toyota Corolla will feature CarPlay and Amazon Alexa
- 2019 Toyota Corolla gains safety kit, two-tone paint
- 2019 Toyota Corolla teased for Malaysia
- 2019 Toyota Corolla now open for booking in Malaysia
- 2019 Toyota Corolla officially goes on sale in Japan
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback gets tech'd up for NY Auto Show have 281 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.