News / UK and world by Press Association May 1, 2018, 8:40 pm Updated: May 1, 2018, 8:54 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter President Donald Trump has praised the actions of the crew and passengers on a damaged Southwest Airlines flight, saying they showed “great character”. A woman, Jennifer Riordan, died after being almost sucked out of the plane when a window was fractured by debris from an exploding engine. However, the pilot, Tammie Jo Schults, successfully landed the plane without further loss of life. The president said they responded with “tremendous bravery” and “everybody’s talking about it”. Mr Trump welcomed the five-person crew and five passengers of Southwest Airlines Flight 1380 to the White House. The New York-to-Dallas-bound flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Philadelphia last month after an engine exploded at 30,000 feet. Ms Riordan died of her injuries despite being pulled back into the cabin by passengers. Mr Trump hailed the pilot for doing an “incredible job” landing the aircraft and added “our hearts break” for the passenger who was killed. Sign up to our Daily newsletter More from the Evening Telegraph Donald Trump hints venue for Kim Jong Un meeting could… Read full this story
- Where is Trump Tower, does Donald Trump live there and who designed it?
- Donald Trump to mark 9/11 attacks anniversary at Pennsylvania memorial
- Piers Morgan praises Emmy presenters for not ‘bashing’ Donald Trump
- Judging by his tan, it seems Donald Trump might already be impeached
- Donald Trump wrote ‘trade is bad’ in private G20 note stolen off his desk and published in Bob Woodward’s bombshell book
- Donald Trump orders FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh after Senate committee backs nomination
- Donald Trump deports Nazi death camp guard whose secret past was discovered after he was detained by US immigration officials
- Donald Trump raises eyebrows with comments on presidency, Iran at United Nations
- Trump says 'no one more competent in the world' than Ivanka to do US Ambassador job
- Nikki Haley resigns from role as US ambassador to UN but denies she will run against Trump in 2020
Donald Trump praises crew and passengers in Southwest flight drama have 334 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.