Donald Trump has said the US and North Korea are engaged in direct talks at “extremely high levels” ahead of possible meeting between himself and Kim Jong-un. Talking to reporters during a meeting with Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe at this private estate in Florida, Mr Trump said he had also given his blessing to the negotiations between North and South Korea to formally ended hostilities when they meet later this month. The meeting between Mr Kim and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, will be the third inter-Korean summit since the Koreas’ 1945 division. “They do have my blessing to discuss the end of the war,” said Mr Trump, according to the Associated Press. Mr Trump is looking to hold his own summit with mr Kim in the next two months and he said that five locations were under consideration. The proposed summit follows months of increasingly heated rhetoric over the North’s nuclear weapons programme. “We have had direct talks at very high levels – extremely high levels – with North Korea,” Mr Trump said, of the meeting that would make him the first sitting US president to meet with a North Korean leader. “We’ll either have a very good meeting or… Read full this story
- Nuclear row: Donald Trump says North Korea knows what US 'must have'
- Trump says North Korea 'wasn't ready' for a real nuclear agreement
- Trump says North Korea has "awesome" potential
- Exclusive — Democrat Rep. Ro Khanna Backs Donald Trump on North Korea, Angles to Bring Jimmy Carter in to Help Negotiations
- Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un to hold second summit
- US intelligence chiefs reveal gulf with Trump on North Korea, Iran and ISIS
- Pompeo says North Korea still poses a nuclear threat despite Trump saying the opposite
- Trump Lowered North Korea Summit Expectations — and Still Might Not Deliver
- John Bolton says North Korea summit was not a failure
- Kim Jong Un says North Korea isn't making nukes, warns US on sanctions
Donald Trump says US and North Korea are speaking directly at 'extremely high levels' ahead of potential meeting have 319 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.