Does structured data improve a website’s search engine rankings? It has always been debatable, but that’s not the case anymore. Google’s John Mueller has recently confirmed on Twitter that Structured Data — although, indirectly — affects and improves a web page’s search engine rankings. Earlier, it was believed that Structured Data was only good for enhancing listings in the search engine results pages (SERPs). However, with this statement by John Mueller, it has been confirmed that Structured Data has more to offer than just enhanced listings. Here is what John Mueller said in his tweet: “There’s no generic ranking boost for SD usage. That’s the same as far as I remember. However, SD can make it easier to understand what the page is about, which can make it easier to show where it’s relevant (improves targeting, maybe ranking for the right terms). (not new, imo)” — John Mueller, Google. No direct impact on search rankings Having said that, it is important to remember that Structured Data does not directly improve a web site’s search engine rankings, e.g., migrating to a secure HTTPS website. Structured Data has no direct impact on search rankings, but it does improve the rankings indirectly. How… Read full this story
- SAP and Qualtrics merge experience and operational data to improve four core experiences of business
- Data | What is the effect of India's coronavirus lockdown on people's mobility?
- Qualtrics adds new listening, automation and data integrations to CoreXM
- Report: Eric Schmidt, Who Led Google to Dominance, Has Left Company
- Google’s app for helping kids improve reading skills is now available in 180 countries
- Must-have Android apps for data hogs
- Google Lens now has a handwriting-to-text tool. Here’s how it works:
- Google Duo to soon let you make group video calls with 32 people
- R.I.P. Google Play Music. Move your library over to YouTube Music with one tap
- RIP, Google Play Music. Move your library over to YouTube Music with one tap
Google confirms that Structured Data indirectly improves rankings have 337 words, post on www.improvemysearchranking.com at April 9, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.