Wales By Steffan Messenger BBC Wales Environment Correspondent 8 May 2018 Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Messenger Share this with Messenger Share this with Email Share Share this with These are external links and will open in a new window Email Share this with Email Facebook Share this with Facebook Messenger Share this with Messenger Messenger Share this with Messenger Twitter Share this with Twitter Pinterest Share this with Pinterest WhatsApp Share this with WhatsApp LinkedIn Share this with LinkedIn Copy this link http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-44004779 Read more about sharing. These are external links and will open in a new window Close share panel Plans to cut the use of disposable plastic products in Wales are to be set out by the Welsh Government.They will include working with other parts of the UK on a deposit return scheme (DRS) for drinks containers and more cash for plastic waste collection.Drinking water in public places will be increased as Wales wants to be the “world’s first ‘Refill Nation’.”But environment charities urged ministers to act quickly, claiming Wales was “trailing behind”.In England, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has already announced plans for a consultation on the introduction of a DRS,… Read full this story
- Chemistry pioneers tackle plastic waste
- Scientists £7m plastic waste challenge
- Businesses must start paying to recycle their own waste under new government scheme
- Council bosses in cash call over new Government waste plan
- Wales should lead the way on 'latte levy'
- Food waste caddies and clear packaging labelling in plans to boost recycling
- Government proposal for all Hartlepool homes to have weekly food waste collections
- No time to waste in tackling environmental pollution
- Diesel, deadlines and deposit bottles: Everything that's set to change in 2019
- Could new waste policy stop garden waste charges in Ashbourne?
Disposable plastic waste plans set out have 298 words, post on www.bbc.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.