Affiliate marketing is a means to monetize your blog or website. You can recommend products on your site with a trackable link from your affiliate partner, or put that link in an ad. If someone clicks on the link and buys a product through your blog, you’ll get a commission.
Especially if your site has many visitors and high credibility, you’ll have a good chance that your audience is willing to follow your recommendations. Still, it’s definitely a good idea to give some thought to how you implement affiliate marketing on your site. For instance, do you write blog posts to promote affiliate products, or create seperate pages? And if you choose the latter option, what’s the best way to do that? Let’s discuss in today’s Ask Yoast!
Davide Roccato emailed his question on the subject:
I want to create a number of landing pages on my news blog, targeted for affiliate marketing. What’s the best way to do this from an SEO point of view? Should I create them as pages or should I create a new custom segment so these are parallel to my blog post and pages?
Watch the video or read the transcript further down the page for my answer!
The best way to create landing pages for affiliate marketing
“Honestly, from an SEO point of view it doesn’t really matter. What works best for you in the backend it’s probably what works best. The only advantage that a custom post would give you is that you’d have a separate section in Yoast SEO to set the titles, a separate XML sitemap so you can see their indexation in Google search console a lot better, so you’d get slightly better handling on the SEO side. But I don’t think that it has to be a problem so just choose what works best for you. Good luck.”
In the series Ask Yoast, we answer SEO questions from our readers. Have an SEO-related question? Perhaps we can help you out! Send an email to [email protected], and your question may be featured in one of our weekly Ask Yoast vlogs.
Note: please check our blog and knowledge base first, the answer to your question may already be out there! For urgent questions, for example about the Yoast SEO plugin not working properly, we’d like to refer you to our support page.
- Duterte asked: Did you have a good sleep?
- Tokyo fishmongers mourn and protest closure of famous fish market
- Buying existing factory buildings speeds market entry
- EDITORIAL – Land reform in Boracay
- K-pop stars rise as marketing bonanza for banking industry
- Just ask Du30 who should be Speaker
- Supporters create Facebook page for beleagered Deputy PM Prawit
- If govt shies away from tough decisions, market may go down from here: Rahul Chadha, Mirae Asset
- Jaguar Land Rover CEO: Trade war would be ‘the worst for society’
- Original SOL reforms marketing 4.0