The way we educate children could be changed forever after the discovery of a possible biomarker for long-term learning, crucial to our understanding of the world. It is safe to say that we don’t remember everything we learned at school, be it a language you haven’t spoken since you left, or the context behind Shakespeare’s greatest plays. However, there may be a genetic reason as to how you have taken all those other long-lasting memories with you since then, as a possible biomarker for long-term learning has just been discovered. Publishing its findings in a paper to the Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, a team from the Boston University School of Science believes its breakthrough may lead to different educational techniques to improve learning in the classroom so that more information stays with you for the rest of your life. For the study, the researchers looked at first-year students undertaking an introductory anatomy class, measuring the students’ brain responses to anatomical terms using electroencephalography (EEG) before starting the course. With measurements taken before the course and six months after completion, the team said it found a ‘spike’ in the late positive component (LPC) brainwave connected with a person’s ability to retain… Read full this story
- Lessons from China: How global business has changed forever
- My elite, segregated education changed me – but not in the way you'd think
- Education changes to adapt to the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- PM Modi deliberates on national education policy, reforms in education sector
- Former St. James school pyschologist alleges rampant fraud in special education evaluation
- Melinda Mangham, longtime Lafayette educator, remembered for her 'steel and softness'
- HRD charts course for education sector as school resumption plan uncertain
- Michelle Obama, Queen Latifah, and Missy Elliott Put Shine Theory to Work in the Name of Education at SXSW
- PM Deliberates on National Education Policy, Reforms in Education Sector
- Coronavirus pandemic | PM deliberates on national education policy, reforms in education sector
Education could be changed forever after discovery of learning biomarker have 316 words, post on www.siliconrepublic.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.