Prince William has arrived in Jordan for the first day of his historic five-day tour of the Middle East. He was given a warm welcome by Crown Prince Hussein bin Abdullah II after disembarking RAF Voyager shortly after 4pm local time. And the prince looked relaxed and smiled broadly as he walked alongside the the Crown Prince down a red carpet which had been rolled out to welcome him as he stepped onto the tarmac of the Queen Alia International Airport in the Jordanian capital. The Duke of Cambridge’s trip will include visits to Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories. His tour of the region is his most high-profile foreign trip and the first official visit to the region by a member of the monarchy on behalf of the Government. During his visit, the Duke of Cambridge will meet Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas. Kate Middleton will not be travelling with William as she is on maternity leave following the birth of their third child Prince Louis. Kensington Palace has tweeted: “The Duke of Cambridge has landed in Amman, Jordan. “Over the next five days The Duke will visit Jordan, Israel, and the Occupied… Read full this story
- How the EU's principled pragmatism sows strife in the Middle East
- How a water crisis in Jordan could threaten Middle East peace
- The extreme lengths Prince William and Harry go to for publicity revealed – including competing with their father Prince Charles
- Prince William and Kate Middleton’s ‘body language has changed’ over the last few months… but is Meghan Markle the reason why?
- Malachi Cush talks meeting Prince William and hitting the big time before social media
- Robert Fisk: Why Middle East dictators bring western leaders down
- Prince William and Kate 'thrilled' as Pippa gives birth to a boy
- Remembering World War I in the Middle East
- The very large team joining Kate and Prince William on Pakistan Royal Tour
- Prince Charles and Camilla New Zealand tour: How Camilla will channel Meghan Markle abroad
Prince William arrives in Jordan for historic five-day tour of Middle East have 332 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 24, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.