Search engine optimization has become an important requirement of websites. It is no longer optional.Along with all of the factors that make up a good website, thinking about SEO or “organic search” is a given for a new site and is important within most digital marketing plans.We’re way beyond the era of “if you build it, they will come,” in terms of website thinking.At the same time, I know that a lot of website owners ranging from startups to small companies to nonprofits and even large brands are struggling with self-implementing SEO or are already stretched in website budgets that don’t leave much left over to put into SEO.Because of the competing noise and focuses, I want to give you a single checklist to use as a website owner to work through the important aspects of SEO that you can address now and to build on going forward.I have categorized the aspects of SEO into those I traditionally do in my process including:Technical SEOOn-pageExternalThe indexing and on-page items are controllable within the website, while external factors shouldn’t be forgotten and need to be part of a larger SEO strategy down the road.Technical SEOBefore focusing on the specific content that you… Read full this story
- LinkedIn to permit website owners to view anonymized visitor profile data
- Is your SEO strategy keeping up with the times?
- Checklist and coaching program in India markedly improved childbirth care but did not reduce death rate
- U.S. government mistakenly shuts down 84,000 websites
- How to protect your website from cryptojacking attacks
- Top 100 websites: How they track your every move online
- Backpage sex website CEO pleads guilty to money laundering in Sacramento
- Model Mayhem back in court for case that could set precedent for website liability
- Had enough of verifying you're NOT a robot? Google does away with time consuming 'captcha' codes on websites
- New owner of Cambodian newspaper begins by firing editor
A Complete SEO Checklist for Website Owners have 330 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at July 19, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.