Hooking up your site to services like Google Analytics provides you with a wealth of knowledge and data about visitors on your site. But it can be hard to know how to interpret all this data. And of course, you should also think about what your goals are. What’s most important for you may differ, based on the purpose of your site.
For example, you can have a site with a low bounce rate, but also with a low amount of traffic. Is that a good or a bad thing? The truth is, it probably depends on several things. Like what? Let’s get into that in this Ask Yoast!
John Brown emailed us his question on interpreting analytics data:
From an SEO point of view which is better to have: a lower bounce rate and lower traffic to the site or a higher bounce rate and higher traffic to the site?
Watch the video or read the transcript further down the page for my answer!
Which is better: low or high bounce rate and traffic?
But if you’re not relevant for a lot of that traffic, then having less traffic is probably better because that means you get more targeted traffic, which actually wants to see you and that usually means that you’ll stick around longer in the long run. Good luck.”
In the series Ask Yoast, we answer SEO questions from our readers. Have an SEO-related question? Perhaps we can help you out! Send an email to [email protected], and your question may be featured in one of our weekly Ask Yoast vlogs.
Note: please check our blog and knowledge base first, the answer to your question may already be out there! For urgent questions, for example about the Yoast SEO plugin not working properly, we’d like to refer you to our support page.
- It’s time to revisit income tax rates: Bibek Debroy, Chairman PMEAC
- Ask The Advocate: Of crosswalks and traffic details
- Fowler in leaked memo asked for second term
- 24 states asking for better online protections for children
- TV Ratings Are Way Down, But Does It Even Matter Anymore?
- Mission 80-80-80: A five-step roadmap for cutting pollution
- Fuel-Truck Rollover Blocks I-80 Ramp, Lane In Solano County
- Revealed: Why one of Australia's few female CEOs left her gold plated multi-million dollar job at trendy milk label a2 after just 18 months in the job
- How Maryland Ranks For Pedestrian Traffic Deaths
- PM calls for traffic safety during new year holidays