Todd Spangler Detroit Free Press Published 12:32 p.m. UTC Jul 10, 2018 WASHINGTON — With about an hour to go until President Trump made his Supreme Court nomination, it was looking like Michigan’s Raymond Kethledge was out. CNN was reporting that it was told that Kethledge, a 51-year-old judge on the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said to be on Trump’s short list to replace Anthony Kennedy, was at home in Michigan. Meanwhile, the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman said in a post on Twitter that some Republicans close to the White House had been contacted and told that Kethledge was not receiving the nomination. Kethledge, of Ann Arbor, has been rumored for more than a week to be among those under consideration for the Supreme Court post, along with Judges Thomas Hardiman, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett. News reports also said that Barrett was at home in Indiana, while both Hardiman, a judge on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Pennsylvania, and Kavanaugh, of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, were in Washington. Trump was set to make his decision public at 9 p.m. in an announcement from the White House. Watch the announcement: President… Read full this story
- Trump Doubts Supreme Court Pick Gorsuch's Critical Remarks
- Trump anti-abortion supreme court pick 'not acceptable', says Collins
- Ann Coulter Jokes About Kavanaugh Allegation, Suggests Democrats Are Lying to Defeat Trump's Supreme Court Pick
- What will the next generation of Indian leaders look like?
- The anti-abortion conservative quietly guiding Trump's supreme court pick
- Brett Kavanaugh: Trump's supreme court pick is conservative rising star
- NFL players, owners reportedly open to playoff expansion, and here's what it would look like
- Raiders to wear throwback uniform for Thursday night game against Chargers and here's what they look like
- LOOK: Tom Brady shows us what a meal from his $78 food delivery service looks like
- Do these actors *look* like the people they're playing? VOTE!
Reports: It looks like Kethledge is out as court pick have 317 words, post on eu.freep.com at July 8, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.