The Brick Hotel’s restaurant is now in the hands of a Sussex County chef who plans to source locally and elevate Delaware classics like chicken dumplings. Bill Clifton was the Henlopen City Oyster House’s chef for nine years. He (and his knives) were also behind the openings of Dewey Beer Company and The Blue Hen. Now, the chef and farmer’s son will have a place of his own. He and business partner Miguel Batiz took over operations of the Georgetown mainstay through the rest of the year, using the current menu while introducing a few new dishes. After New Year’s Day, the kitchen will shut down for renovations. “I want it to be what Delaware is,” Clifton said of the future restaurant. Related: Brick Hotel to close its restaurant this year in Georgetown Delaware’s cuisine has a few culinary influences, Clifton said, namely the Pennsylvania Dutch, New England and the South. “As more and more people move down here, those foods get lost a bit,” Clifton said. “Georgetown is still a town of locals. They remember the dishes of their childhood, so we want to make sure that stays in Delaware.” Chicken dumplings, oysters and soft shell crabs from local fishermen, game meats,… Read full this story
- Guy Fieri is in quarantine with 400 goats, a peacock problem and a plan to help restaurant employees
- Sequels, niches on tap for Bay Area restaurant industry in 2017
- Couple who wanted to buy £1m barn conversion sue the previous owners for £300,000 after they failed to tell them about plans for Soho House's neon-lit American-style Mollie's Motel and Diner 'next door'
- How Covid-19 has ravaged dreams and livelihoods of small restaurant owners, staffers
- The 'naughty boy' who runs a hotel empire
- The chefs who are closing for dinner to pursue a healthier life
- Fine dining, delivered straight to your door: Restaurants that long resisted takeout options are now getting creative
- Scores of Woodlands-area restaurants offering to-go, delivery services
- Summer’s anticipated restaurant from superstar Gabriela Cámara
- Top 10 budget hotels, hostels and B&Bs in Barcelona
Sussex chef Bill Clifton has big plans for Brick Hotel restaurant have 338 words, post on www.delmarvanow.com at July 10, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.