Organic search engine optimization (SEO) has enough specialization and technical aspects that it can be overwhelming to the C-suite.Or, worse yet, over-simplified and thought to be something easy and that can be done quickly leading to unmet expectations.The mysterious nature of SEO can lead to misunderstanding and frustration for CEOs.Understanding the high-level principles and some of the important aspects of SEO success can set the right expectations with executives.Here are 13 key things that every CEO needs to understand about SEO.1. Layout of the SERPThe search engine results page (SERP) has evolved a lot over the past several years.It used to provide a standard layout with a few different variations that always included the “10 blue links” for the organic results and included ads above and to the side. Plus, news, map, or other content relevant to the search query.Now, we see varying layouts that are intended to provide an optimal experience on a mobile device and cascade to desktops and other sizes.The number of ads varies and other information is pulled into the SERP ahead of organic results. You don’t always see 10 organic results and sometimes they are pushed way down the page or mixed in with other… Read full this story
- Bloomberg is the last thing we need after Trump
- The shambles of the Lords reform vote shows why MORE elected politicians are the last thing we need
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Jodie Whittaker’s
- German farmers: 'Overregulation is the last thing we need'
- 10 things you need to know about Indy 4
- Jony Ive leaves Apple after almost 30 years: 5 things you need to know about the design genius
- Take It From One Who Tweets: CEOs Need Social Media
- 9 things you need to know about the Russian social media election ads
- Opinion: The last thing anyone needs to hear when calling a suicide hotline is ‘your call may be recorded’
- The Destiny bucket list: 22 things you need to do before you move on to Destiny 2
13 Things Every CEO Needs to Understand About SEO have 341 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.