As part of Billboard’s celebration of the 60th anniversary of our Hot 100 chart this week, we’re taking a deeper look at some of the biggest artists and singles in the chart’s history. Here, we revisit The Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” and LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem,” which finished at No. 7 and No. 6 in our all-time Hot 100 singles ranking, respectively. There wasn’t a lot to celebrate when the Black Eyed Peas released their Hot 100-topping behemoth “I Gotta Feeling.” But some parties are so inescapable you end up attending them whether you like it or not, and you certainly didn’t need an invite to the Peas’ Hot 100-topping behemoth to listen to it and even love it — particularly not in 2009. That was the year the Black Eyed Peas occupied the top spot of Billboard’s Hot 100 chart from April to October – a total of 26 weeks, a full half of the year – first with their electro-rap ode to onomatopoeia “Boom Boom Pow” for 12 weeks and then with “Feeling” for another 14. It was a song so ubiquitous that it was easy not to notice how much America needed it. As a composition, it’s a paradox, existing at once… Read full this story
- Black Eyed Peas to celebrate 20 year anniversary with ITV special
- How old is Fergie, who’s the Black Eyed Peas singer’s ex-husband Josh Duhamel and what’s her net worth?
- Who is Taboo? Black Eyed Peas rapper Jaime Luis Gomez who fought testicular cancer
- Joanna Lumley to host ITV celebration of The Black Eyed Peas 20 year anniversary
- Black Eyed Peas: We’d be up for joining will.i.am as a Voice judge
- ‘Let’s party like only the Black Eyed Peas know how to do’
- Black-eyed pea the big surprise
- Mel Greig shows off her incredible figure at the Maxim Hot 100 event
- Dyson Hot & Cool Fan Heater gets HUGE £100 discount for Black Friday
- The World's Hottest Grandma 'shocked' to make Maxim's Hot 100
Hot 100 Turns 60: The Black Eyed Peas, LMFAO and an Apology for Party Rocking have 338 words, post on www.billboard.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.