News / World by Press Association 04/08/2018, 2:23 pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter US and North Korean officials have traded polite words and then barbs in the latest round of diplomacy, leaving efforts to rid Pyongyang of its nuclear weapons at an uncertain point. At a security conference in Singapore, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused North Korea and countries including Russia of continuing to violate UN sanctions aimed at pressing the North to give up its nuclear arsenal. But at the same time, he oversaw the handover of a letter to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un from US President Donald Trump and exchanged pleasantries with the North’s foreign minister Ri Yong Ho. Mr Ri, meanwhile, greeted Mr Pompeo with a smile and posed for photos – but then delivered a scathing attack on the Trump administration for approaching the negotiation poorly by insisting on sanctions enforcement. Mr Ri said North Korea would not be forced into acting unilaterally, and demanded that the US undertakes “confidence building” measures if the negotiation is to be successful. After Mr Pompeo warned once again that no sanctions would be lifted until North Korea fully… Read full this story
- Photos capture North Korea ships' sanctions busting in Chinese waters: U.N. report
- North Korea defies sanctions with China's help, UN panel says
- North Korea flouts sanctions through China’s shipping: Report
- Photos capture North Korea ships' sanctions busting in Chinese waters - U.N. report
- Haley: North Korea ‘Begging for War’
- North Korea Detains Virginia Student for ‘Anti-State Activity’
- North Korea Accuses U.S. of Assassination Attempt Against Kim Jong-un
- Pentagon: North Korea Launched New Type of Missile ‘Not Seen Before’
- Trump Considering ‘Pretty Severe Things’ in Response to North Korea’s ‘Bad Behavior’
- Could Donald Trump Stumble Into Nuclear War With North Korea?
North Korea hits back at US over sanctions enforcement have 301 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at August 4, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.