The world was a very different place 10 years ago. A decade ago, you couldn’t order an Uber on your phone. You couldn’t surf the web on Google Chrome. You couldn’t rent a place to stay on demand with Airbnb. Several incredible products and services have been invented in the last 10 years – some, in the last five or eight. Thanks to a tweet from Button cofounder Chris Maddern, we were inspired to look into some of the cool, convenient things the tech world has invented since 2008. Take a look. 1. The iPad source Justin Sullivan/Getty When Steve Jobs introduced the iPad eight years ago, he described it was “the best browsing experience you’ll ever have.” “It’s unbelievably great. Way better than a laptop, way better than a smartphone,” Jobs said on stage in January 2010. The original iPad cost between $499 and $829. Since then, the device has gone through several iterations and several price points – most recently, Apple unveiled a new $329, 9.7-inch iPad. 2. Google Chrome source Flickr/Isaac Bowen Google unveiled its Chrome browser on September 1, 2008. “On the surface, we designed a browser window that is streamlined and simple,” Google CEO Sundar… Read full this story
- 10 years ago I missed the first episode of Behula but today I won’t: Actress Payel De on the rerun of her show
- Hrithik Roshan posts new workout video, ex-wife Sussanne Roshan says ‘you look hotter than you were 20 years ago’
- Investigative centre: Fico spoke on the phone with Vadala years ago
- Two county lines drug dealers are jailed for 10 years in total after flooding town with heroin and cocaine while locked in turf war with rivals from Liverpool
- Victims of protest violence commemorated 10 years later
- Matthew Morrison reflects on 'Glee's 10-year anniversary since its premiere: 'It makes me feel proud'
- Coronavirus: Doctor treats 'profoundly ill' surgeon who saved his life 20 years ago
- Beer was here! New method for analysing remains of cereal grains on ancient artefacts confirms that Neolithic humans were brewing beer in central Europe 6,000 years ago
- Sergio Aguero’s last-gasp QPR winner began Man City’s era at top on this day eight years ago, Martin Tyler looks back
- Lessons learned: The eradication of smallpox 40 years ago
These 18 incredible products didn’t exist 10 years ago have 360 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.