Editor’s note: “Ask an SEO” is a weekly column by technical SEO expert Jenny Halasz. Come up with your hardest SEO question and fill out our form. You might see your answer in the next #AskanSEO post!Welcome to another edition of Ask an SEO! Today, we’ve got a question from Emilee in Ohio. She asks:I was wondering, in the case of sitemaps. Say, I were to delete or combine a few pages, should I resubmit a sitemap to the relevant Webmaster Tools, or is it OK to just update the human-readable page onsite? I’m wondering if it’s sufficient enough for GoogleBot to crawl in terms of updating for SERPs as well when doing a site:example.com search for pages that are indexed to gain an understanding of what pages haven’t been crawled.XML sitemaps are a service that Google offers to SEO professionals. They aren’t required, and sites don’t rank any better/worse as a result of using them or not using them.Therefore, if you change pages on your site or add pages, Google will find them eventually.HTML SitemapsAn HTML sitemap will slightly speed up that process because Google’s crawler looks for an HTML sitemap when it comes to your site.XML SitemapsAn XML sitemap will speed… Read full this story
- Rolling Hills Estates election update: No change in order among three City Council hopefuls
- Kodi update as major changes announced for the popular TV player
- Registered under GST? Know how to change and update email, mobile number
- Twitter Announces New Timeline Updates for News—What’s Changing?
- Why Adult Content Creators Are Mad at Patreon
- UPDATE: Investors welcome AT&T-Time Warner approval
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition arrives as a free update this August
- Scale of problem with rail timetable change ‘far outstripped expectation’
- Northern: chaos amid timetable changes and cancellations
- Expansion Updates That Fuel Wildflower’s Growth Strategy
How to Update Sitemaps After You Change Your Content have 329 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at September 4, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.