Last month, Trump stepped up his attacks on big tech companies, warning them to be “careful,” and slamming what he called “rigged” internet search results. The U.S. president had complained that Google searches for “Trump news” brought up mostly negative stories about him. Google strongly rejected any bias claims. The White House’s draft executive order focuses on alleged “bias” at the companies. “Executive departments and agencies with authorities that could be used to enhance competition among online platforms (agencies) shall… use those authorities to promote competition and ensure that no online platform exercises market power in a way that harms consumers, including through the exercise of bias,” read a draft of the report circulated by U.S. media Saturday. “Not later than 30 days from the date of this order, agencies shall submit to the Director of the National Economic Council an initial list of (1) actions each agency can potentially take to protect competition among online platforms and address online platform bias.” The text also demands that federal agencies investigation any potential “violation of the antitrust laws” by an online platform. However, The Washington Post cited three White House aides as saying they did not write the draft order and… Read full this story
- ‘Illegal’: Trump Goes After Tech Giants Google, Facebook For ‘Radical Left’ Bias
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump accuses California of targeting him by reopening slowly
- Google, Facebook pay way less tax in New Zealand than in Australia
- Google, Facebook to let most employees work from home till the end of the year
- Trump Weighs Restoring Partial US Funding to WHO
- Stephen Miller Is Writing the Big Speech on Islam That Trump Is Delivering in Saudi Arabia
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Former Rep. Harman says Russia is trying to exploit America; Mylan's Heather Bresch says US should make strategic reserve in medicines; Trump unveils leaders of 'Warp Speed'
- Trump claims the 'radical left' is 'in total command and control of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google' and vows administration is 'working to remedy this illegal situation'
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump gives an update on vaccine efforts
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Rep. Hurd says China engaged in global disinformation campaign; US unemployment highest since Great Depression
Trump weighs draft order targeting Google, Facebook: reports have 358 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 22, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.