POLITICS 10/24/2018 12:30 pm ET At issue is an editorial Lauren Baer wrote as a college student calling on the U.S. to intervene more to stop human rights atrocities overseas. By Paul Blumenthal A super PAC fueled with $10 million from billionaire Amazon and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos is attacking Democratic congressional candidate Lauren Baer as a traitor for voicing opinions critical of U.S. foreign policy in a college newspaper after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The ad comes from With Honor Fund, a super PAC that supports Democratic and Republican military veterans running for office. The group has raised money from a range of wealthy donors and political organizations with ties to both parties, and two-thirds of its funds have come from Bezos and his family. He contributed $10 million to the group in August, and his parents have contributed $2 million since its inception in 2017. Bezos did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The group is supporting the candidacy of Rep. Brian Mast, a Republican and U.S. Army veteran who lost both his legs because of an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan. Baer is opposing him in Florida’s 18th Congressional District. President Donald Trump won… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Uber - Biden, Democrats dig into legislative specifics
- Democrats Have Made Their Peace With Dark Money
- Billionaire CEO compares Democrats' plan to tax ultra-rich to something "Putin would do"
- Here's how Democrats want to tax billionaires to pay for their social spending plans
- McConnell Is About to Block a Voting-Rights Bill. It's All Part of Democrats' Plan
- Washington Post Uncritically Publishes Far-Left Org's Attack on Breitbart, Conservative Media, Facebook
- After The Capitol Riots This Company Closed Its PAC. But Its Billionaire Founder Is Still Spending Big
- The Ultimate Symbol of America’s Diminished Soft Power
- Congressional Democrats say passing their agenda is the only path forward. History says that might not matter for 2022.
- What Insurrection? Corporate America Can't Stop Bankrolling the Jan. 6 Sedition Caucus
Jeff Bezos-Funded Super PAC Attacks Democrat As A Traitor Who Didn’t Support America After 9/11 have 325 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.