World U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday that the release of American pastor Andrew Brunson by a Turkish court at his next hearing on Friday would be an important step and the right thing to do. 11 Oct 2018 08:55AM Bookmark WASHINGTON: U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday that the release of American pastor Andrew Brunson by a Turkish court at his next hearing on Friday would be an important step and the right thing to do.”It is the right thing for them to do, it is the humanitarian thing for Turkey to do,” Pompeo told the annual Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) dinner in Washington, D.C. “I am very hopeful that before too long he and his wife will be able to return to the United States.”(Reporting by Lesley Wroughton; Editing by Toni Reinhold)
- Pompeo: Releasing Pastor Would Be 'Important Step' for Improving US-Turkish Ties
- Pompeo urges Turkey to release American pastor: ‘Brunson needs to come home’
- Turkey Holds Out on Releasing American Pastor
- US pastor Andrew Brunson freed by Turkish court, flies to Germany
- American honeymooner in court over attempting to murder three men in village brawl
- American honeymooner in court over attempted murder of three men in village brawl
- Pompeo Says Row With Turkey Over Arrested Pastor to Be Resolved in 'Coming Days'
- Pompeo hopes Turkey will release imprisoned pastor soon
- Turkish court releases US pastor Brunson after eventful hearing
- Pence, Pompeo say they did not author 'resistance' NYT op-ed
Pompeo says release of American pastor by Turkish court would be 'important step' have 259 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 10, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.