A WELL-KNOWN ‘YouTuber’ is facing five years in prison for allegedly sexually abusing a child aged under 13.
Daniel Jose, a popular YouTube star with 8,449,693 subscribers, is accused of grooming and later molesting his victim in Madrid in 2016.
Jose, who is famous for posting videos of himself playing computer games under the title ‘Dalas Review’, was 22 when he allegedly first contacted his victim in July 2015.
— Advertisement —
Prosecutors claim he got in touch with the child through Twitter in July and August 2015, before stepping up contact in September via Skype.
The defendant allegedly began asking his victim to send him nude photos and: “When she objected that she was underage he told her it meant nothing,” according to the prosecutor. The accused also reportedly asked the child to erase their conversations so their father would not see them.
Lawyers claim Jose took the abuse father the following year on January 26, 2016, during the signing of one of his books, when he allegedly took advantage of a moment alone with his victim to touch them.
It is claimed he later continued harassing his victim through Whatsapp before the pair met again at Madrid’s Atocha train station where there was allegedly more touching.
The same year, Daniel Jose was subject to allegations by several young girls who claimed he had pressured them into sex.
The accused defended himself, saying someone had hacked his account and stolen his identity.
Daniel Jose took to his channel to strenuously deny this latest claim, calling it, “sensationalist garbage.”
- Former Norwell Football Coach Charged With Sexually Abusing Child
- Ex-Priest Who Abused Child Allowed Access to Chicago Schools
- Wash. Man Arrested After Texting About Sexually Abusing Children During Southwest Flight: Report
- Report: Cardinal and Prominent Critic of Sexual Abuse Resigns Amidst Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Why We Must Focus on Black Girls and Child Sexual Abuse
- Report: Cardinal Resigns Amidst Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Adults and Minors
- What We Can All Learn From Domestic Workers' Silent Battle Against Sexual Harassment
- Pennsylvania Pediatrician Charged With Sexually Abusing More Than 2 Dozen Children
- Aly Raisman, Sexual Abuse Survivors Accept Courage Award At ESPYS
- Catholic Church Leaders in Pennsylvania Hid Child Sexual Abuse For 70 Years