Aaseesh from Google responded to a complaint about Google not picking up on a web site’s canonical tags. He said that “even if you setup the canonical tags properly, other signals like inconsistent redirects can make Google not select your preferred URL.”
And the above thread is one example of when being inconsistent can have a negative consequence in Google search.
Forum discussion at Google Webmaster Help.
- Pompeo says North Korea weapons work inconsistent with Kim pledge
- Indiana Right-to-Work Bill Signals New 'Political Storm' over Unions
- Google's Putting Some Icing On Its Half-Baked Android TV Cake
- Google Employees Discuss Staging Protest Of Their Own Company
- Project Fi: Google's Plan To Fix Your Wireless Service Is Here
- Google Buys Fitbit, Your Data, and a Wearable OS That Doesn't Suck
- How to Use Google Photos from the Desktop
- Linking Social Media A/C To Aadhaar: Madras HC Tells YouTube, Google LLC To Enter Appearance Even As Notice Served On Google India
- Telangana govt signs MoU with Google to promote Telugu content
- Tag Heuer to release first luxury Android smartwatch