Google has opened up its shopping ads to external providers and there is greatly increased competition for product ads. Around one third of ads in the British, German and French search results are provided by external services, Searchmetrics’ 2018 Google Shopping Study reveals. However, traditional product and price comparison portals are hardly found in these ads. Most are occupied by marketing agencies who bid for ads on behalf of online shops. Now, several large comparison sites, including Idealo and Comparado, have made a complaint to the European Commission. Their position is that Google Shopping’s distribution of ads is no fairer than before and they demand that the EU take further measures against Google. Shopping Study 2018 Google Shopping today: The competitive landscape In June 2017, the European Commission found that Google had been abusing its market dominance in the area of shopping ads, and issued a 2.4 billion Euro fine, as well as demanding that Google create more competition. Google then opened up its shopping ad auctions to external Comparison Shopping Services (CSS); and now competes with these external CSSs for positions. Google also introduced an incentive programme, SpendMatch, that rebates online merchants up to 30 percent of their shopping… Read full this story
- Google Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV stick: Which one should you buy?
- Hands-on with Google's first Android M preview
- Now anyone can snap up Google Glass 2 Enterprise Edition
- How to get the most out of Google Pixel’s call screening feature
- What Is the Iowa Caucus, How Does It Work, Why Does It Matter and When Will We Know the Winner?
- Microsoft gaming chief says Amazon, Google are his real competition
- Rupee soars to 16 month high ahead of US Fed meet; what does it mean for the economy and market?
- Brexit: what does it mean for the European Union and our partners
- The novel coronavirus is now a global health emergency, what does that mean in New Zealand?
- The Pussycat Dolls catfight: Does this mean Nicole Scherzinger will finally go solo?
Google Shopping 2018: Does more Competition mean fair Competition? have 338 words, post on blog.searchmetrics.com at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.