by Alex Chris8 Comments When optimizing your website for SEO, one of your goals is to provide Google the right signals so that it can index your website better. An optimized XML sitemap is one of those signals that can lead to faster indexing and higher rankings.What is an XML Sitemap and why do you need it?In simple terms, an XML sitemap is a file that lists all important pages of your website that search engine crawlers should know about.Even if you don’t have a sitemap, they are still able to index your website but having a sitemap makes their job easier and also it gives you the opportunity to let them know about pages and parts of your website the may not discover easily.There are different kind of sitemaps, you can submit a sitemap for your posts, images and videos.When is a sitemap really important?For websites with many pages, a sitemap helps search engines discover pages that are new or updated.For websites that don’t use good internal linking practices a sitemap is a great way to give information to crawlers about your website pages.For new websites that don’t have many incoming links, a sitemap will serve as a discovery… Read full this story
- Small Businesses Using SEO to Level the Playing Field
- Holiday Shopping, Part 2: Tweaking SEO and SEM Strategies
- EXPERT ADVICE Video Links: The Best Lures in the SEO Tackle Box?
- Google Sitemaps Flaw Draws User Concern
- Desperately Seeking SEO
- Steering Around the SEO Blockade
- EXPERT ADVICE SEO: Five More Easy Pieces
- PRODUCT PROFILE DemandResults' New SEO for Salesforce Shapes Up Pages With Beefier Analytics
- EXPERT ADVICE Desperately Seeking Web Sites: The Power of SEO
- EXPERT ADVICE Debunking SEO Mythology
How to Optimize your XML Sitemap for Maximum SEO have 297 words, post on www.reliablesoft.net at December 21, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.