By Reuters  December 2, 2018 | 08:19 am GMT+7 Japanese Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Taro Aso looks on during Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and U.S. Vice President Mike Pence’s joint news announcement in Abe’s official residence in Tokyo, Japan November 13, 2018. Photo by Reuters/Issei Kato Japan will put global trade imbalances and the impact of aging populations on the agenda when it chairs next year’s G20 meetings. At the end of the summit of Group of 20 major economies in Buenos Aires, Finance Minister Taro Aso unveiled the “priority issues” to be taken up by his counterparts and central bank governors next year when Japan takes over the chairmanship from Argentina. Japan will host a G20 financial leaders’ meeting in Fukuoka in western Japan on June 8-9, followed by a leaders’ summit in Osaka on June 28-29. Tokyo will assert that global current account imbalances should be fixed via multilateral policy coordination rather than bilateral trade deals, the officials said. They declined to be identified because they are not authorized to talk to the media. Excessive imbalances should be adjusted by improving the ratio of investment and saving through macroeconomic policy and structural reform, they added. Global… Read full this story
- Is it time to pay attention to how we'll feed our ageing population?
- Japan wants to modernise its toilets for Tokyo Olympics
- Japan records trade deficit in January amid growth fears
- Novel coronavirus appears to be stabilizing in China amid fears of new outbreak in Japan
- EVFTA opens up new era in EU-Vietnam trade ties: Italian experts
- US-Afghan agreement to lead to new phase of Pak-Afghan trade ties: Khalilzad
- 'Will we?' to 'we will' is new India, says PM Modi at Manorama News Conclave 2019
- New Construction Homes For Sale in Lisle, Illinois - January 2019
- New Construction Homes For Sale in Lisle, Illinois - Feb. 2019
- New Construction Homes For Sale in Lisle, Illinois - March 2019
New G20 chair Japan wants trade imbalances, aging population on 2019 agenda have 325 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 1, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.