Democratic Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen asked Google to look into its search engine’s “overuse” of conservative news outlets at a hearing on transparency and accountability at Google on Capitol Hill Tuesday. Cohen’s remarks centered on his experience Googling himself following cable news appearances and finding stories about his appearances on outlets like The Daily Caller and Breitbart.WATCH: “This weekend I was on MSNBC four times,” Cohen told Google CEO Sundar Pichai during the hearing. “Yet the first thing that comes up is The Daily Caller, not exactly a liberal, but I guess a well-known, group. Then it’s Roll Call, then Breitbart News, then the Memphis Business Journal, then Breitbart. So it looks like you are overly using conservative news organizations on your news. I’d like you to look into overuse of conservative news organizations to put on liberal people’s news on Google, and if you’d let me know about that I’d appreciate it.” Republican lawmakers grilled Google over examples of political bias. Those examples include leaked emails published by The Daily Caller News Foundation that showed the tech giant’s employees debated burying conservative media outlets in Google’s search function as a response to President Donald Trump’s election. “You know, we do get concerns… Read full this story
- Siberia’s Historic Capital, and Russia, Look to New Plastics Plant for Economic Future
- Cohen plans to reveal Trump's "lies, racism and cheating"
- Donald Trump threatened to sue his old university if they ever revealed his grades, ex lawyer Michael Cohen claims
- Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's 9 most explosive claims about US president
- Trump a liar, cheat, racist and conman, says Cohen
- Conman orders grandma to buy Google play cards to pay back 'debt'
- Romantic gran fears public appeal to find 'Steve from Leicester' has backfired
- Conservatives retain control in East Herts and Broxbourne
- Pulis 'astonished' to hear fans have criticised Gibson
- Hull Live: Breaking news from Hull and East Yorkshire on April 24
Steve Cohen Asks Google To Look Into ‘Overuse’ Of Conservative News Outlets At Hearing have 322 words, post on dailycaller.com at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.