Republican Senator Bob Corker has classified the Trump administration’s continued support of Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as “un-American” in the wake of the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The GOP politician from Tennessee slammed the White House’s response to the slaying on Thursday, CNN congressional correspondent Manu Raju reported. Corker also took aim at the kingdom’s ambassador to the United States, Prince Khalid bin Salman, the crown prince’s younger brother, referring to him as an individual of “zero credibility” and suggesting that he could be expelled. Corker and other Republican senators, such as Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, have criticized President Donald Trump repeatedly for his stance toward Saudi Arabia following the October 2 killing of Khashoggi, who was a Washington Post columnist and a U.S. resident. The journalist was slain by a team of agents allegedly linked to the crown prince after he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. He was reportedly dismembered with a bone saw. Trump has brushed aside the killing, affirming that the kingdom is a “great ally” of the U.S. He has also argued that supporting the kingdom would be putting “America first.” His staunch support of Riyadh and the royal family… Read full this story
- US pulls anti-missile systems from Saudi Arabia amid dispute
- Yemen war: What is happening in Yemen and why is Saudi Arabia at war with them?
- US is removing Patriot anti-missile systems from Saudi Arabia, marking the end of a large-scale military buildup to counter threat from Iran
- Trump’s Speech in Saudi Arabia Was More Obama Than Bannon
- Bipartisan Senators Ask Trump For ‘Magnitsky Act’ Investigation Into Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Eyes Hollywood Investments As Companies Face Cash Crunch
- Jim Carrey mocks Trump supporters, compares POTUS to cult leader Jim Jones in scathing new painting
- Senate’s Yemen War Vote ‘Slap in the Face to Trump’s Policies’
- Has Trump finally lost patience with the Saudis?
- Phil Bredesen Might Win a Deep-Red Senate Seat for Democrats. But He Doesn’t Want to Talk About It.
"Un-American": Trump support for Saudi Arabia's crown prince blasted by Republican Senator Bob Corker have 339 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 6, 2018. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.