Those same misers that gripe about festive traditions coming earlier every year are likely the people that have a little more time for the starting gun of Black Monday creeping forward with every passing season. While the teams of the NFL used to at least let the dust settle on week 17’s games before wielding the axe, this year we knew within minutes of the New York Jets’ latest defeat that head coach Todd Bowles would not be returning to the Meadowlands next year. Black Monday had begun early on Sunday afternoon. At the time of writing, six coaches had gone within 24 hours. Add those to the two in-season firings and there will be eight head coaching positions to fill this off-season, a quarter of the league and the most in five years, and they come at a time when the profile of the incoming coaches will be under more scrutiny than ever. Join Independent Minds For exclusive articles, events and an advertising-free read for just £5.99 €6.99 $9.99 a month Start your free trial Get the best of The Independent With an Independent Minds subscription for just £5.99 €6.99 $9.99 a month Start your free trial Get the… Read full this story
- NFL At 100: Giants win title, deny Patriots perfect season
- Week 6 NFL game picks, schedule guide, fantasy football tips and more
- NFL contenders gone wrong: Barnwell ranks the six top playoff fallers
- NFL Fun Power Rankings, week 11: Where do Rams and Chiefs stand after Monday night's record-breaking showdown?
- Week 6 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus every team's top fantasy surprise
- Best Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday UK deals so far
- Predictions on the best Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals for 2018
- eBay announce first wave of Black Friday 2018 deals
- AP source: Browns fire Hue Jackson in third losing season
- Riyad Mahrez fires Manchester City back to the top after pitch battle with Tottenham
Black Monday robs the NFL of its diversity as firings rack up have 304 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at January 1, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.