On the January 25, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to read some brief reader emails, talk about the latest film and tv news, and we’ll visit Ben Pearson, Brad Oman and Chris Evangelista in Park City Utah to hear about the first day of the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (here is the RSS URL if you need it). Opening Banter: Brad, Ben and Chris are at Sundance, and news has slowed down. On The Site: In The Mail Bag: Teal from Irvine, CA writes in to say that “A few weeks ago one of you mentioned a card game about pitching movie ideas to studio execs, and other players could stop mid-pitch and throw in a curve ball. I feel like this may have been what happened with Serenity. It started off as a pitch for a traditional pulpy thriller, and mid-way was promoted to include the whole [removed for spoilers], and instead of being treated as a joke everyone took it seriously.” Elissa… Read full this story
- Sundance Institute Unveils Roster Of Documentary Fund Grantees
- What Would a Socially Distanced Award Show Even Look Like?
- ‘The Cave’ Director Feras Fayyad Gains Support From IDA, Sundance After State Department Denies Visa
- Cate Blanchett's ABC six-part series Stateless gets a whopping 18 AACTA Award nominations as other surprise nods are announced
- The best scary podcasts to keep you up all night
- Oscars Keeping Show Date But Make Big News As Academy Lightens Eligibility Rules, Combines Sound Categories, Ends DVD Screeners and More
- Apple Wins ‘Emancipation’; Will Smith’s Westbrook Relationship With Toppers Zack Van Amburg & Jamie Erlicht At Sony Helped Seal Festival Record Pre-Buy
- Mahershala Ali explains how he will not accept film roles with sex scenes as it's against his religion: 'If there's a sex scene, I can't do it'
- Oscar Snubs & Surprises: Jennifer Lopez, Robert De Niro, Awkwafina, Women Directors & Christian Bale Get The Cold Shoulder From Academy Voters
- Tribeca Fest 2020 Sets Feature Film Lineup With 95 World Premieres
Daily Podcast: Sundance Day 1, The Typecasting of Matt Smith and WTF Is This Year's Academy Awards Going To Be Like? – /Film have 354 words, post on www.slashfilm.com at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.