US President Donald Trump said he had a “very good dialogue” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as they kicked off their second summit in Vietnam on Wednesday. “A lot of things are going to be solved I hope,” Trump said at a dinner with Kim. “I think it will lead to a wonderful, really a wonderful situation long-term.” Kim said that his country had been “misunderstood” and viewed with “distrust.” “There have been efforts, whether out of hostility or not, to block the path that we intend to take,” he said. “But we have overcome all these and walked toward each other again and we’ve now reached Hanoi after 261 days,” referring to their first meeting in Singapore. “I am confident that we can achieve great results that everyone welcomes.” The two leaders are expected to hold a “joint agreement signing ceremony” on Thursday, according to a White House itinerary. The details of these agreements are not yet known. North Korea’s ‘awesome’ potential Ahead of talks, Trump expressed his belief that there was “awesome” potential and a “great opportunity” for North Korea if it committed to denuclearization. “Vietnam is thriving like few places on earth. North Korea would be the same, and very quickly, if it would denuclearize,” Trump wrote on… Read full this story
- Will give up nuclear weapons if US vows not to attack North Korea: Kim Jong Un
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un's offer to end nuclear tests is a major test for Donald Trump
- Donald Trump says US and North Korea are speaking directly at 'extremely high levels' ahead of potential meeting
- Why Donald Trump is winning on North Korea
- Trump on North Korea: Kim Jong Un is 'very open' and 'very honorable'
- The historic pictures that prove Trump's secretary of state met Kim Jong Un
- Donald Trump praises crew and passengers in Southwest flight drama
- Trump praises 'my good friend' Xi Jinping for 'great help' with historic Kim Jong Un peace talks
- Donald Trump may meet with South Korea’s Moon Jae-in before summit with Kim Jong Un
- Jay Ambrose: Will Trump surprise us with North Korea?
Donald Trump praises 'great' talks with North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam have 345 words, post on www.dw.com at January 28, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.