Have a lot of pages you want removed from the Google index and don’t want to use the page removal tool for each URL? Google’s John Mueller said you can try to 404 and noindex all the pages you want removed and then submit a temporary sitemap to Google. It might speed things up he said.John wrote in a Google Webmaster Help thread, “One way to speed this up could be to submit a temporary sitemap file listing these URLs with the last modification date (eg, when you changed them to 404 or added a noindex), so that we know to recrawl & reprocess them.” “This is something you’d just want to do for a limited time (maybe a few months), and then remove, so that you don’t end up in the long run with a sitemap file that’s not needed by your site,” he added.So you can give this a try if you want to remove a lot of pages as fast as possible – although, I am not sure how fast this would be. Might still take days/weeks or even months for all the URLs to be removed?Forum discussion at Google Webmaster Help.
- Even the POLICE want covert speed cameras removed - saying they are sick of being 'abused as revenue raisers' and want to patrol the roads
- How to Use the AND and OR Functions in Google Sheets
- Assistant Treasurer forced to repay thousands of taxpayer dollars he used for his personal internet bill - saying he was forced to use 4G because the speed was too slow
- Mossberg: Google Home shows promise, but needs work
- Curious Adelaide: Unusual uses of the Adelaide Park Lands over time
- Google+ Is Officially Shutting Down in April
- Don't miss a single chapter of The HOTH’s all-new learning guide about On-Page SEO Optimization
- Google Chrome adds real-time phishing protection and compromised password warnings
- Google Maps will now let you check how busy your commute is BEFORE you start your journey by showing delays in real-time and highlighting overcrowding on public transport
- Laser can be used to simulate a human voice and silently hack into Google Home, Amazon Echo, Facebook Portal, and other smart devices
Use 404s & Temporary Sitemaps To Speed Up Page Removal From Google have 373 words, post on www.seroundtable.com at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.