As owner, along with her husband Brian, of Castlewood House in Dingle, Co Kerry, Helen’s customers usually arrive at her door feeling tired after a long journey. “You’ll know instantly if they’ve had a big massive row in the car,” Helen laughs. “You put on your best game face, your best smile, you shake their hand and say: ‘You’re here now, you can relax. We’re going to look after you.'” It’s that expert eye, soothing tone and innate warmth that saw Castlewood House win Best Irish Welcome in the 2019 Reader Travel Awards. Established three years ago to honour the very best of the Irish tourism industry – in both home and overseas holidays – the awards are unique in that winners are chosen by the true travel experts: our readers. Answering the call to reveal your holiday heroes for 2019, you voted in your thousands – sharing your experiences and insights with us along the way. Votes were counted and scrutinised by our panel of judges, and in January the winners of our 15 categories were announced in Weekend Magazine and on Independent.ie. To celebrate being chosen by you as Ireland’s favourites, we brought winners from all across the… Read full this story
- Josh Gad Says LeFou’s Exclusively Gay Moment ‘Didn’t Go Far Enough’
- Nearly three-quarters of Brits now experience a 'fear of going out' due to pandemic
- Makeup-free Molly-Mae Hague looks effortlessly stylish as she steps out in a leather jacket and cargo trousers
- When The World Looks Frightening, Here’s How To Thrive In Tough Times
- Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni's new look for IPL 2022 ad campaign goes viral on social media
- ‘Euphoria’ Makeup Designer Doniella Davy’s Top Season 2 Looks, From Jules’ New Year’s Eve Eyes to Rue’s Fake Arm
- Randeep Rai Opens Up About His Show Balika Vadhu 2 Going Off-Air, Says ‘We Did Give It Our Best’
- How the iPhone 14 could look without a notch
- Pokémon Go's new season focuses on Alola
- AK 61: Ajith Kumar Designed His Own Look For The H Vinoth Directorial?
'We're going to look after you' have 342 words, post on www.independent.ie at February 23, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.