Alfredo Sosa/Staff/File An employee works the line at Integra Tool & Manufacturing Inc. in Wausau, Wis. The US has been experiencing gains in manufacturing jobs. Loading… March 4, 2019 Two ways to read the story Quick Read Deep Read ( 5 Min. ) By Laurent Belsie Staff writer @lbelsie After focusing his presidential campaign partly around laments over the loss of US manufacturing jobs, Donald Trump has presided over a pickup in factory job growth. The gains actually began under President Obama. But by one measure the pace under President Trump is the fastest since the 1970s. Why?Under both presidents, wider forces have helped, such as a growing economy. But both administrations, in their own ways, have embraced the idea of manufacturing as a key driver for the economy’s future rather than a declining relic. “It’s essential to driving innovation in our economy” and a reliable source of good jobs, says Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing.Many in the industry say Trump’s tax cuts have aided job growth. On trade policies, the answer isn’t so clear. Tariffs might pry open Chinese markets but also impose costs. What’s missing is a comprehensive strategy, says economist Rob Atkinson. Republicans… Read full this story
- Business Elites Join Transgender Lobbying Push Against Trump
- Trump Says ‘Wages UP!’ as CEOs Compete for Workers
- President Trump Will Give Speech on Immigration Plan
- Fact Check: Did the Trump Campaign Have 100+ Contacts with ‘Russian-Linked Officials’?
- Donald Trump Revives ‘No Welfare’ Rule in Green Cards Process
- The Empire Strikes Back: Establishment Rallies to Romney to Stop Trump’s Winning, Resistance Notches Win in New York
- Barack Obama Lectures Europeans About Nationalism — in Denmark
- ‘Betrayal’: College-Grad Voters Slam Trump’s Support for H-1B Outsourcing Program
- Why Trump’s zigzagging speech made perfect sense
- Trump heads to G7 summit after insulting allied world leaders
A Trump-Obama trend: revival of ‘Made in the USA’ have 304 words, post on www.csmonitor.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.