Martin MacDonald asked Google’s John Mueller if Google’s crawl behavior might change if an active XML sitemap begins to error out. John said it shouldn’t. The scenario Martin posted on Twitter was an XML Sitemap file that it looked at by Google daily and is often filled with thousands of new pages per day, if that Sitemap file stops working how will Google react. Will Google increase their crawl rate to make up the difference?John Mueller from Google said “no, the total crawl wouldn’t change” as a result.Here are the tweets in context: Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Port relocation project slows to crawl
- Google, 4 US states partner on gov't info search
- Google Maps embroiled in Central America border dispute
- Google map gets Vietnam-China border wrong
- How to log in to Facebook, Asian TV dramas top Google searches in Vietnam for 2017
- Google says 300,000 Android phones activated daily
- 'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
- Google is considering revisions to its Vietnam-China border map
- Google corrects map border error after complaint
- Google violates Vietnam sovereignty over Paracel Islands
An Active XML Sitemap That Errors Out Won't Slow Google's Crawl have 185 words, post on www.seroundtable.com at March 25, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.